Best road bike for my money ... £800 - £1000 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr-marty-martin

hi people

im going to have about £800-£1000 to spend on a new road bike in about march, so whats going to be the best bike for my money (without jumping straight to the top o my proce range :evil:)

a full out racer, not sportive mile eater...

also lightness has to be a biggish factor,

RedBike

At £1000 you'd be hard pressed to beat this
http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/SL_Pro_Carbon_-_Dura_Ace_Build_Unbuilt.html

Probably not the lightest bike at this price though.

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

yeh been looking at those but not sure what the frame quality will be like, with it having a realy doog groupset, and carbon frame for that price, sualy there's a catch :evil:;)

so the quality of the frame is what i'm after tbh, so i wouldnt mind say shimano 105... for the comprimise

Radius

SHREDDER
Planet X frames are not anything to worry about in terms of quality as far as I've heard...

Sully

Über Member
Hi Martin, do what I did mate...keep your ear to the ground and your eyes peeled, I picked up a Wilier Triestina Thor full carbon with camp groupset brand new for a lil under a grand......shows you can get bargains

ajb

My son rides a Planet X full carbon frame with Dura-ace. It really is a cracking bike. I would'nt hesiate to recomend them.

yello

Have a look at the Focus Cayo. Wiggle have got some in odd sizes for around the £900 mark with £50 worth of freebies thrown in. It might float your boat.

jayce

have alook at a dolan mythos i just built one but you can buy one fully built for a grand and they got good spec fitted always worth alook

Top Bottom