Best thing you've seen today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

Drago

Legendary Member
Payet Kensit's nipples.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
ALL the drivers on this morning's commute proving that it is possible to pass me safely ! Even on a notorious close pass blackspot !

:okay::notworthy:^_^:bicycle:

Ripple

Veteran
Went to bed yesterday, got a phone call "can you cover a site asap till 6am". Went there, well ok that means no sleep and I work today too.
So it was a big surprise at 1.30 am to see another security officer turning up to take my shift and to let me to go home. Office people have done their best tonight.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
I thought the video that PaulB posted was inspiring, and it reminded me to get stuck in on my guitar - I have 2 working hands and therefore 0 excuses not to play.

The best thing I have seen (so far) today was a rainbow. Not just any old rainbow though - it was the most local rainbow that I have ever seen! I was walking down a backstreet in Todmorden and looked up. I saw a rainbow coming down to ground between me and a hillside 300 metres away - literally just round the corner. I thought I might actually spot 'the crock of gold' so I ran to the end of the road but the rainbow faded away before I could get my phone out and take a picture of it. Still, it was an impressive sight!

I've always wanted to play an instrument so I've had a bash at several of them but this is my favourite...not my favourite song, it just sounded alright when I played it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2yawQa_l38

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've always wanted to play an instrument so I've had a bash at several of them but this is my favourite...not my favourite song, it just sounded alright when I played it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2yawQa_l38

Ignorant people might suggest that you had been banished to the bathroom for musical performances, but I realise that actually you chose that room for its superior acoustics! :okay:

The 8-string ukulele sounds a lot nicer then 4-stringers.

PS I was just searching for info on ukuleles and found THIS uke forum - somewhere else for uke players to fritter away the hours on t'interweb? :whistle: (I found a PaulB on there, but he is American!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Ignorant people might suggest that you had been banished to the bathroom for musical performances, but I realise that actually you chose that room for its superior acoustics! :okay:

The 8-string ukulele sounds a lot nicer then 4-stringers.

PS I was just searching for info on ukuleles and found THIS uke forum - somewhere else for uke players to fritter away the hours on t'interweb? :whistle: (I found a PaulB on there, but he is American!)
Well spotted, Colin. I really like the acoustics in there and unlike other rooms, the sound from the uke doesn't drown out my voice. The benefit of the 8-stringer is that you don't have to decide if you're going for a high\low G, you can have both. You can do this on the C string as well so effectively it's a six-string mini guitar!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I will take my guitar into my bathroom next time that I am practising. It is a big room with a tiled floor and walls, so it has a very lively acoustic. (It might actually be too reverberant.)

PS I just took the guitar in there... It sounds fantastic! There is a door through to my bedroom and I strolled back and forth while playing and the contrast in acoustics was incredible. The bedroom acoustic is horribly dead and muffled because of the thick carpet, heavy curtains, and super-king-size duvet on the bed. The bathroom acoustic is sumptuous! There is also reduced traffic noise because it doesn't have a window facing onto the nearby road. If I ever record myself playing the guitar (or - heaven forbid - singing!), I will do it in the bathroom. I won't bother for guitar practice though because it isn't very comfortable sitting in there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom