Best UK built hardtail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Living away from home you get sort of home sick, so for my next bike I'd like to get something built in the UK. But I'm having a hard time find any good British built or even designed frames. Pace used to build a great hardtail, but their latest frame isn't a racing hardtail.

Orange don't seemed to have developed their hardtails in years and Boardman bikes seemed to be just rebadged Taiwanese frames. There's Whyte, but they seem to be a spin off from Marin. Is there a UK equivalent to someone like Yeti or Moots?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.

What about Merlin?

To quote them

"
About Merlin cycles and Rock Lobster bikes
We are the best known independent, bespoke Mountain Bike manufacturer in the UK."

00001616.jpg

OP
OP
marzjennings
Berger and Chips said:
What about Merlin?

To quote them

"
About Merlin cycles and Rock Lobster bikes
We are the best known independent, bespoke Mountain Bike manufacturer in the UK."

I'd forgot about Merlin, nice Ti frames, but Rock Lobster's from California not the UK.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
marzjennings said:
I'd forgot about Merlin, nice Ti frames, but Rock Lobster's from California not the UK.
I think the Merlin Rock Lobster frames are made under license so that probably means somewhere else - in China? They are certainly much cheaper than the American Rock Lobster frames. I have one myself and am very happy with it.

rock_lobster_853_hardtail.jpg

maurice

One-one scandal? Not built in the UK, but designed I think. There's also Charge, but again not built in UK as far as I know.

02GF74

Über Member
Steve Austin said:
what about rourke or roberts?

both handbuilt in the UK

hand built by roberts?

Top Bottom