Best way by Road Bike in Glasgow from the East

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HLaB said:
Cheers for the offer but if I need to do anything I'll have to go larger :tongue: but hopefully I won't have to do owt.

Och, there is no way you would need a 12-27, unless you were doing some serious mountain cycling. I managed Crow Road on a 11-23 (although I did stop at the car park on that occasion), so if I can do that I'm sure you can!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HLaB said:
I ended up doing my original route with scoosh and touch wood he enjoyed it, I certainly did :smile:
Hey, who is this touch wood - I didn't see him with us :wacko: .....

... but, overall, I really enjoyed the ride - even though it rained so hard we had to seek refuge in a bus shelter, at which point I couldn't get unclipped .... a useful way to spend 15 mins waiting for the deluge to pass :laugh:

Good ride, good company, lovely bikes :laugh:, very small KoM jersey - Robert Millar is not a big bloke :ohmy:

Didn't buy anything tho' ....... (Whew I escaped 'card intact' :sad:)

My new steed

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
magnatom said:
Och, there is no way you would need a 12-27, unless you were doing some serious mountain cycling. I managed Crow Road on a 11-23 (although I did stop at the car park on that occasion), so if I can do that I'm sure you can!
With a compact chainset though, I'm not sure how I'll get on with a proper double (53/39). I made it up the Crow Road from the Fintry side on a 52 front 26 rear and most hills I've done the lowest I've had to drop to is the 42 front 26 rear even the 21% out of Dunning but there has been the odd occaision when the get me home granny has been used (last time I can think was the day after PfS my ride took me up a 21.5% in the Lammermuirs and the gales (well it felt like that up there) and pouring rain didn't help. For 99.99% of my rides I think I'll be fine but that other 0.01% :laugh: I guess all I can do is suck it and see and if I don't get on with the 53/39 change for a 12-27.

Scoosh,

That's a nice bike! I remember being recommended the Condor Fratello when I started looking for my current bike.

When do you get it?

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
magnatom said:
Scoosh,

That's a nice bike! I remember being recommended the Condor Fratello when I started looking for my current bike.

When do you get it?
scoosh already has his fully SRAM equiped and he keeps a good pace on his new steed :laugh:

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
magnatom;789612][quote name= said:
Ah, a 'proper double' (GULP). Sorry I missed that. Your just showing off now! :laugh::laugh:
Maybe I should have put it in inverted commas with a huge GULP :sad: after.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
magnatom said:
Scoosh,

When do you get it?
While you weren't looking :blush:

scoosh said:
While you weren't looking :blush:

So is it go faster?!:biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
magnatom said:
So is it go faster?!:ohmy:
Are you hard enough to try ???
We'll have a ride together to see :ohmy:

Certainly feels faster than the old Peugot - even up hills (but HJ will disagree :smile:)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scoosh said:
Are you hard enough to try ???
We'll have a ride together to see :smile:

Certainly feels faster than the old Peugot - even up hills (but HJ will disagree :blush:)

We will find out once my ribs have recovered... :ohmy:

Now there is a hostage to fortune, I had better start training...

Top Bottom