Best way to get a reply from a company?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
my mother got £11 a day a few weeks previously from Sky, but i think it has to be off for three days... mine was down for something like 46hours, hence getting next to SFA :ohmy:

Hmm my BT internet and phone was off recently for a little under two weeks (their fault), but they sent me a mini hub to keep internet on and paid for my mobile to have unlimited everything for a month so I don't think I'm eligible for compo on top of that!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
1. I wouldn't chase the Courier, you are buying from the Retailer, the Courier is the Retailers sub-contractor, and, is the Retailers problem
2. If you bought through one of the "platforms" (ie Amazon, EBay, etc) I would initiate their complaints procedure
3. if you bought direct, I would take steps to obtain the Name of, Telephone number and/or address of the CEO and write direct to him/her, marked Private and Confidential, recorded delivery.
4. If the above does not produce a result, I would begin making very pointed comments of complaint on their website, and, on social media, keeping it polite and factual

Good luck

OP
OP
Tail End Charlie

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
An update. Before I took the nuclear option of twitter, I tried the suggestion first mooted by @PeteXXX and @CanucksTraveller of emailing the CEO directly. I did this about 5pm last Thursday and within 10 minutes got a reply, (not an automated one). Friday I got an update (saying they had found the item), Saturday I was promised delivery today and it has just been delivered (within the time slot as promised). So thanks to all who gave advice on this thread and I now have a new tool to play with. :okay::okay::okay:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Also glad it worked. Normally CEO emails arent picked up by themselves but a PA or secretary. Quite a bit of luck that yours made it through.

Ive had deliveries go as long as two weeks late and another put my package on the wrong van and sent it over 100miles in the wrong direction towards the midlands. Took this courier about 3 days to process it where it arrived then put back on a van to london. I know it went to the midlands somewhere because I had the tracking info and watched it going on an adventure.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Normally CEO emails arent picked up by themselves but a PA or secretary.
Oh they don't even get as far as that, a PA wouldn't have the time. Emailing a company CEO is a consumer tactic which is what, a good decade or two old now, so big companies have had to develop email algorithms to deal with it. If it's an unknown address and there are key words in the body they go straight to the director's complaint team which can be 10-30 people depending on the size of the company. That team sifts the emails, and anything that was actually meant to go to the PA does get let through, but: About 90% of unsolicited mail to a CEO these days is complaint based.
I spent time working in one of these departments just to see what sort of thing comes in, it was interesting. The employees have to have a very thick skin, I couldn't do it.

gavgav

Guru
The CEO option is great, if you can get their details. When moving into my new house, I had awful trouble with B.T, no progress in 4 months and then through Twitter I was supplied with the email address of the CEO. 1 email to him, got things moving and had the installation done within a week.

Top Bottom