Best way to mount a Tesco torch on a helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Simply use a piece of old inner tube about six inches long. Pierce the tube tube an inch or so in from either end, and push it onto the barrel of the torch through one end, pass the tube through a vent and out the other side, and push the end of the torchinto the second hole. Use another piece of tube betwen the torch and the helmet to stop it scratching the finish. It's cheap, adjustable, and i'm sure you could make it look tidier if you are self-conscious!
DSC_0255.jpg

Cubist said:
Simply use a piece of old inner tube about six inches long. Pierce the tube tube an inch or so in from either end, and push it onto the barrel of the torch through one end, pass the tube through a vent and out the other side, and push the end of the torchinto the second hole. Use another piece of tube betwen the torch and the helmet to stop it scratching the finish. It's cheap, adjustable, and i'm sure you could make it look tidier if you are self-conscious!
DSC_0255.jpg
I did basically that with a couple of "heavy duty" rubber bands and even something as cheapskate as that got me through last winter .. I finally remembered to salvage the last inner tube I destroyed and so will be upgrading to a posher solution a la Cubist this autumn.

MajorMantra

It might not work with the vents on your helmet, but on my cheapish MET I used a velcro reflective band a bit like this:

Reflective-Bands-4799.jpg

...with bits of innertube to keep it in place. For maximum neatness, a piece of hybrid/road sized inner tube slipped over the torch itself helps prevent slippage.

I've taken the torch off for now as it's summer but it'll go back on in a few months - it was very effective.

Matthew

Top Bottom