BH mini tour.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Suggest me a mini tour.... from home Leeds!

3 days up to 300miles!

Tent or possibly audax style.

Options so far:-

Home hawes Hexham Barnard castle home

Home - Llandudno - to little mill (bil) -
Home ( route through Manchester dosen't appeal!)

Home - Whitby - home.

Any other ideas!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
In less than 300 miles, I think you could go Leeds-Whitby-Hornsea-Hull-York-Leeds, including what look like rail trails Whitby-Scarborough and Hornsea-Hull.

Suggest me a mini tour.... from home Leeds!

3 days up to 300miles!

Tent or possibly audax style.

Options so far:-

Home hawes Hexham Barnard castle home

Home - Llandudno - to little mill (bil) -
Home ( route through Manchester dosen't appeal!)

Home - Whitby - home.

Any other ideas!

If you can't think of anywhere that you would like to ride or see or anyone to visit there are worse options than CycleTravel's "suggest a ride" feature. it will show accommodation/camping options and of course, you can specify surface. If nothing else it will lay out the bare bones of a ride and possibly be a bit of inspiration.

If the first three options don't suit, hit "suggest a ride" again for some more.

Handy hint: If not happy with the suggestions, pick a different starting point. It doesn't have to be far from home.

Failing that, have a loot at the map feature on CGOAB to see what others have done in the area.

Good luck!

tom73

Guru
You've got Whitby down already ... go on you know you want to ;)
Call in at Sandsend rest up have an ice cream , a paddle then on to or back down to Whitby for fish and chips and a pint.
Know a good place for both.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Clearly it has to be Whitby. Bank holiday sunday night out in Whitby is an institution.

re post #2 The Cinder Track former Whitby to Scarborough railway is unsurfaced. Gravel bike or similar wide-ish tyres needed.

from Leeds I'd approach via York , Pickering, Dalby forest, brave a short ride on A171, and pick up the Cinder track by Boggle Hole YHA, to take you thru RH Bay and into Whitby.

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Currently in Pickering, lovely ride from home, hardwood to tadcaster was particularly nice.

Coffee and dry pastry in tad, didn't stop in York too busy with tourists.

Found the road out to Stockton in forest when I had an Eccles cake - I know wrong county!!

Then found the back road to Malton as A roads were grid locked!

Maton had food festival so was too busy. Pint and chips in old molton.

Fast rub to Pickering and into coop for tea items before I head into nym (North York Moors) panniers are full!!

Top Bottom