Bianchi advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BDH777

I am buying my first road bike for long journeys and from what little I know Bianchi offer the best solution for comfort and speed. I have buy mail order because I live out in the sticks in Spain. I'm 6ft 1inch, should I buy size 59cm? Ideally I would like to spend £1500 but can push to £2000. Which model would you guys advise I buy please? Thank you all so much.

MrWill

1st road bike + mail order + no idea on sizing + for long journeys = Bad idea.
You need to get to a shop.
''Bianchi offer the best solution for comfort and speed'', Not necessarily.

No need to keep re-creating your thread.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Why do you think Bianchi offer the best solution for comfort and speed? Are you going to use it for day rides or longer tours? Do you need to carry stuff? What do you ride now? I am the same height as you with a 33" inseam and like something around 60cm.

Big Nick

Everyone is puzzled by your assessment of the Bianchi brand (even me and I own one!)

I think with your budget I'd have gone for a Cannondale Synapse (which recently got bike of the year) or a Giant Composite 1

I had around £1k to spend and got a heavily discounted 2013 Bianchi Vertigo Veloce for £1199 which is a fantastic bike at that price

I went with a 57 size and it fits me well at 6'0 tall and a 33 leg

OP
OP
B

BDH777

Why do you think Bianchi offer the best solution for comfort and speed? Are you going to use it for day rides or longer tours? Do you need to carry stuff? What do you ride now? I am the same height as you with a 33" inseam and like something around 60cm.
Previously I had a Trek hybrid, cost £900 when new and it did the job at the time. Now I want to cycle again, about 2-3 hours per day 4 or 5 times per week with the occasional longer trip, say for example 200 miles round trip over a few days. Effectively using the bike to lower my body fat whilst sightseeing in Spain where I live.

OP
OP
B

BDH777

From the research I have done it would appear that Bianchi offer a road bike with a little more comfort in their C2C range. It will be used for day rides of about 40 or 50 miles and maybe 6 times per year for a round trip over a few days of 200 miles and more. I will carry a light rucksack on the longer journeys. I live in Spain and the majority of days are warm and dry.

Everyone is puzzled by your assessment of the Bianchi brand (even me and I own one!)

I think with your budget I'd have gone for a Cannondale Synapse (which recently got bike of the year) or a Giant Composite 1

I had around £1k to spend and got a heavily discounted 2013 Bianchi Vertigo Veloce for £1199 which is a fantastic bike at that price

I went with a 57 size and it fits me well at 6'0 tall and a 33 leg
Granted the Cannondale Synapse is a good bike, but why does everyone go on about "Bike of the Year". This sort of stuff is voted by a handful of people from most respected brands, and given a different set of people the outcome would be different.

This follows to my point of determining your budget, and then go and test a load of different bikes, what is one persons best ride will not be anothers.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't know what the Bianchi will you that the Trek didn't. It will be a bit faster but that's about all. Putting a rucksack on your back for a long journey will be uncomfortable and your back will become sweaty so best to carry your gear on the bike if you can.

Big Nick

Granted the Cannondale Synapse is a good bike, but why does everyone go on about "Bike of the Year". This sort of stuff is voted by a handful of people from most respected brands, and given a different set of people the outcome would be different.

This follows to my point of determining your budget, and then go and test a load of different bikes, what is one persons best ride will not be anothers.
Maybe because the testers ride hundreds of bikes whilst the rest of us don't ?

I had actually ridden the Cannondale and Giant as well hence my recommendation but didn't have the budget to buy one in the end

How do you know?
Oh god ,here we go again. Well if you believe that all testers from different magazines or websites will come to the same conclusion, then that is up to you. How can these testers possibly state that bike A is much better than bike B in my opinion? They are giving their own opinions, and if people want to take that at face value and buy that bike based on it then it is up to them.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think the cycle market is very competitive and any one model being rated above another would be a close run thing. At the end of the day it would come down to personal preferences, which are very subjective. Plus there may be other factors at play.

Big Nick

Oh god ,here we go again. Well if you believe that all testers from different magazines or websites will come to the same conclusion, then that is up to you. How can these testers possibly state that bike A is much better than bike B in my opinion? They are giving their own opinions, and if people want to take that at face value and buy that bike based on it then it is up to them.
So you never read reviews to narrow down your buying choice then?

Top Bottom