Bianchi frame - please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slicedam

Hello, I bought this and am trying to figure out what frame it is. I have searched online, browsing through ads and catalogs and the closest I found was the Bianchi Rekord 748 - it has the Bianchi logo with three stripes on the fork on it. I will be grateful for any hint. Thanks!

Attachments

• brakes.jpg
    brakes.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 20
  • frame - seatpost binder.jpg
    frame - seatpost binder.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 22
  • bike - left.jpg
    bike - left.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 22
  • handlebar.jpg
    handlebar.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 22

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

Looks like a road bike that's been converted to SS. I'd guess it's maybe mid seventies. Does look like a Record 748. The only way to positively identify it is to find a number, either on the BB or the rear drop out.

The 748 had clamp-on cable guides on the top tube, while yours are brazed on. I think it looks very much like a Rekord 848 / Rekord 848 12V, though at the moment it's a Rekord 848 1V!

The striped fork crown, (B) seatstay caps and cable guides cetrinaly match up with a mid-80s 848. Nice bike!

I'm trying to find a catalog to double-check, but here's one in nice original condition.

OP
OP
S

slicedam

Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

Looks like a road bike that's been converted to SS. I'd guess it's maybe mid seventies. Does look like a Record 748. The only way to positively identify it is to find a number, either on the BB or the rear drop out.

Thank you for your help!

OP
OP
S

slicedam

The 748 had clamp-on cable guides on the top tube, while yours are brazed on. I think it looks very much like a Rekord 848 / Rekord 848 12V, though at the moment it's a Rekord 848 1V!

The striped fork crown, (B) seatstay caps and cable guides cetrinaly match up with a mid-80s 848. Nice bike!

I'm trying to find a catalog to double-check, but here's one in nice original condition.

:smile:))) great! I think that's the one! Thank you for helping to find out so quickly!

Top Bottom