Bianchi nirone 7 xenon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RAYMOND

I have just this morning picked up my nirone from evans...
Its been in the shop just over a week whilst I have a day off to pick it up.
And guess what, got home got a email from j e james, the same bike on offer at 200 cheaper.
The week I was looking at comparisons it was 100 dearer than evens.
Anyway I have looked at evans price check, it states that even upto a week after buying a bike you can
do price check guarantee.
So ive emailed them and told them.
As I haven't ridden the bike yet,its still brand new though no packaging as I wheeled it built from the shop/
No peddles supplied not even cheap ones to ride home.
They even forgot or I forgot to give me the bundle your suppose to get with the bike ie..booklet and things.
So i'll wait to see there reply as its the same bike..Just the tyres and wheels are different though not
in quality .So no excuse there.
We shall see if the evans price match is genuine.
Will be back to tell the outcome.
p.s evans price 900 from 1000
j e james 699 from 1000

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Evans are generally quite good at price-matching.

Longshot

Albeit it wasn't quite in the same price range but Evans have price matched stuff for me before - as long as the retailer is on their list and they can verify the price they seem to honour their promise.

OP
OP
RAYMOND

RAYMOND

Went on instant chat on the site, advised me to ring them,also sent them the exact link to the bike, and asked if my bikes returnable as not ridden though no packaging.They said yes but I might..might get a 200 refund if they agree to the price match, so still not decided.

I think ill return the bike if I don't get the refund though as 200 is quite a difference..can you believe the time scale of it.. I pay for the bike then get a email the same morning about the same bike cheaper.. just my luck.

Big Nick

Happened to me on my Cube Hardtail although it was cheaper 3 weeks later (after prices were firm for months) £669 and I paid £799!!!!

OP
OP
RAYMOND

RAYMOND

Rang this morning about either returning the bike as its not been ridden, or a price check again.
Outcome was that within 2 minutes the manager agreed to the refund price difference even though the other cycle shop didn't have the same size bike in store.
So fair play to them for good service and saving me time ordering another bike.
When I got to the shop I was in there less than 5 minutes with the £200 credited back onto my card.
Iv'e read and heard about evans after service and now know it to be true first hand,they will be getting my
custom a lot more from now on.

So I now have a bianchi.. at a good deal so the manager told me :smile:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
That's good. I'd always favour an independent LBS, but Evans would be next port of call if the LBS couldn't help me.

OP
OP
RAYMOND

RAYMOND

Been out for a short ride today on it ..just to get the feel of it..
I'm not very technical about bikes like some on here..i just ride them..
But I now know that its not a speed bike..I wont get anywhere fast on this bike apart from up an hill.
Its more a long distance bike as not enough gears and certainly no big gears.
Still its a thing of beauty and i'll use it for longer rides.
I could always get another ring put on in time.
Glad I only paid 699 and not the 900 though.

OP
OP
RAYMOND

RAYMOND

Will need to ride it again as only got through 10, tried to use the other but couldn't get it on the bigger ring,told you I'm not that technical:smile:
I did click on the left lever for the bigger ring but it didn't happen, will need to look at it and see why nothing happened.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Will need to ride it again as only got through 10, tried to use the other but couldn't get it on the bigger ring,told you I'm not that technical:smile:
I did click on the left lever for the bigger ring but it didn't happen, will need to look at it and see why nothing happened.
I see. It should take three clicks on the left shifter to change it up, if that's any help.

PS. Forgot to say, nice bike btw and good wheeler-dealing :thumbsup:

Top Bottom