Bianchi or Cube for ladies bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J.Primus

My wife is about to start commuting by bike again to work now the weather is getting better but is getting a new bike as her current one is a £70 clunker we got to see if she likes cycling.
We've got it down to 2 bikes which are both pretty much the same spec and the same price.
The 2012 Bianchi Nirone Dama Tiagra or the Cube 2013 Axial (blue & white alu one not the red carbon model)
Any thought on which one is better?

OP
OP
J.Primus

J.Primus

Also the Bianchi is new. It's just on sale as the shop has 2 left its trying to get rid of, hence being the same price as the Cube even though they're normally more expensive.

vickster

Legendary Member
Has she ridden them both? Which one feels more comfortable to her, especially the reach to the brakes? Does either come with crosslevers, as a woman, I wouldn't commute in London on a roadbike without but then I am a bit of a wuss!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Has she ridden them both? Which one feels more comfortable to her, especially the reach to the brakes? Does either come with crosslevers, as a woman, I wouldn't commute in London on a roadbike without but then I am a bit of a wuss!

Commuting in London is probably far more safer then a lot of other cities and even in the country as there are so many cyclists now that motorists are far more aware and makes allowances. There are also miles and miles of cycle lanes and bus lanes.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looking at the specs they are both pretty similar.
The Bianchi is a compact double with full Tiagra the Cube a triple mainly Tiagra with FSA crankset.
A triple not really needed in London.

OP
OP
J.Primus

J.Primus

She's ridden the Cube and was surprised by liking the more aggressive riding position. That particular Bianchi she hasn't ridden as there only seems to be one place in North Wales that has one. It would be a delivery to my office if she bought it. She test rode a trek that was similar in dimensions and also found it comfy but less 'must go faster'.
I think it's mainly down to coolness and aesthetics unless someone knows something about build quality or anything else that I don't.

vickster

Legendary Member
Anecdotally, I've not heard great things about Bianchi's aftersales. Aesthetically, I much prefer the subtlety of the cube

Personally, I wouldn't feel safe in London traffic on a roadbike without crosslevers, but as said I am a wuss!

OP
OP
J.Primus

J.Primus

Thank you for everyone's input. She was reading this thread. In the end she called the shop to get the 2012 Bianchi but was told they were out of stock but she could have a 2013 model for the same discounted price if she wanted. Bit of a result!
She agreed with most of you that the Cube was sleeker but just couldn't resist the Italian prettiness of the Bianchi!

Top Bottom