Bianchi Road/"Specials" Range 2009

Bianchi 2009 - The Verdict

• Agh, oh god, MY EYES!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hmm, some are good, some are bad, such is life.

• These Bikes are gorgeous - in fact, I may need a towel after seeing them just now.

• Not a one of them is made of lugged steel, you lycra wearing fancy Dan you.

• They have bikes for roads?

• I can fit mudguards and a rack to them though, right?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The big question is, are they fugly, though?

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/first-look-bianchi-road-bikes-2009-18309

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/first-look-bianchi-2009-specials-range-18311

The white/celeste C2C is godawful - the Ducati flat bar bike - the titanium bike that's clear lacquer other than the fork (with celeste tape) - the TT bike with it's riotous clashing celete and red scheme.

On the other hand, look at the gorgeousness of the HoC 928SL, and the rather lovely Mono-Q - the cross bike doesn't look half bad either.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
C2C is just wrong, the ducatti - what's with the gear cables being in the outer cable for the entire length - messy

Leadlegs

So, maybe the celeste/white C2C isn’t showing this bike in its best light. I’m sure that there will be other colour schemes available. I hope so anyway because I think that it’s the over-abundance of white is what makes this look naff, at least in the photos – maybe it looks better in the flesh.

At least it is reported to ride just as well as the 2008 model.

stevenb

Slightly off topic here but when do the bike manfacturers release their 2009 range?
Bianchi bikes change each year in terms of style...or so it would seem to me.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Quote:
"The Mono-Q rides like a steel bike, but weights (sic) just over a kilo"

Deary me, that'll have the commissaires in a tiz, it's well below the UCI limit...

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The mono-q is a really exciting bike, I think - C+ previewed it and were very complimentary indeed. Sadly, it's about £2k out of my budget.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
...the new Dolomiti - clearly aimed at getting us to forgive all that has gone before, with its gorgeous chromed lugs, retro decals and general steely retro-ness.

Top Bottom