Bib-Shorts Sizing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz Vickers

I bought a pair of BTwin padded Cycling Shorts and a pair of BTwin padded Cycling BIB-Shorts, Both from Decathlon, Both in size Small! However, The Cycling shorts fit great But the Bib-Shorts feel a bit too tight around the padded area! :eek: Would i need a Medium in the Bib-Shorts? Or would they be too baggy?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Can you just take them back and exchange for a larger size?
Bib shorts are all different fits. What is small on one person can be big on another.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Decathlon sizing is a bit weird, normally a XL in some lycra but in Decath its a L? I`m not one of those Italian fit guys either but nae fattie, all a bit hit and miss cycling gear.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Decathlon sizing is a bit weird, normally a XL in some lycra but in Decath its a L? I`m not one of those Italian fit guys either but nae fattie, all a bit hit and miss cycling gear.
I just assumed, same brand, bought at the same time, that they would be the same! silly me! haha.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I bought the thermalite bibs in an XL but they seemed awfy big, so down sized to L and they seemed fine when on the bike. However I also bought L Rockrider Bibs and tried those on but they were cutting my Hoyesque thighs in half! :smile:

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I bought the thermalite bibs in an XL but they seemed awfy big, so down sized to L and they seemed fine when on the bike. However I also bought L Rockrider Bibs and tried those on but they were cutting my Hoyesque thighs in half! :smile:
My only concern is as they are only marginally too tight! Would a size up not be too big?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have found decathlon sizing to be be more realistic sizing based on normal clothing sizing rather than like you say "Italian " sizing which always seems to be 1 size to small.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I have found decathlon sizing to be be more realistic sizing based on normal clothing sizing rather than like you say "Italian " sizing which always seems to be 1 size to small.
I just wondered as to the size difference between a ''Small'' and a ''Medium''? Is there a huge difference. I only ask as these are the only pair of Bibs i've ever bought.

Top Bottom