Bib Tights Sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
So, it's getting colder and I'm in the market for some Bib Tights.

I've tried a few sizes but as I'm 6ft and slim I find large sizes are a little loose around the bottom half of me, while smaller sizes have straps (braces?) that are too short.

The only thing I can think to do is buy them the right size for the bottom half of me, and get the straps lengthened slightly by someone with a sewing machine.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The fit varies by brand. but you should be able to get some that are the right for you. I am 6'4" and fairly skinny and the PlanetX roubaix tights I wear quite a lot are lets say figure hugging while the Aldi bib longs I have are a bit looser. The Aldi ones have waterproof panels on the front so are a lot less stretchy while the PlanetX tights stretch a lot. If you can try some on rather than buying over the internet.

Garz

Squat Member
I have a similar yet polar experience to you YT!

Being of squat stature (5ft6") and muscular, my mammoth thighs can only just squeeze into a size L however the length of them you could fold around the knee so the zip element at the ankle sits right. :angry:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've got some Aldi medium and they're fine though a tad loose around the ankles. Today just got some Tenn Large and they are snug but don't seem to be as warm as the Aldi. I'm 5' 10" and quite chunky and I have the opposite problems.

Most cycling clothing is sized for the ultra slim, as far as I can see, and we cuddlies have to search far more or put up with Nora Batty legs :wacko:.

albion

Guru
With the Aldi L the straps are too short but it does not stop them being liveable.
The stretchy shortness is unnoticeable on the bike itself.

Merino long johns are just as good with both only being needed in extra windy or damp winter conditions.

lejogger

Guru
The DHB Pace Roubaix in large this year seem to be a slimmer fit than previously... I'm 6ft and the large are perfect for length and quite tight on the bottom half.. I'd say they're definitely worth a try rather than messing about with sewing machines. Very good pad too.

OP
OP
Smurfy

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Hey! Someone moved the thread!

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I'll have to keep trying different ones until I find the right fit for me. I'm not looking forward to an extended shopping trip. I'd rather be out riding :sad:

Top Bottom