bicep curls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
was doing these as part of my upper body circuit on Saturday night, didn't change weight, reps or technique but now the lower part of my bicep are really hurting and it's difficult to fully straighten my arm xx( not brilliant as I had my first exam this morning, any clues as to what i have done wrong?

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
was doing these as part of my upper body circuit on Saturday night, didn't change weight, reps or technique but now the lower part of my bicep are really hurting and it's difficult to fully straighten my arm :ohmy: not brilliant as I had my first exam this morning, any clues as to what i have done wrong?

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
was doing these as part of my upper body circuit on Saturday night, didn't change weight, reps or technique but now the lower part of my bicep are really hurting and it's difficult to fully straighten my arm :biggrin: not brilliant as I had my first exam this morning, any clues as to what i have done wrong?

Garz

Squat Member
Nearing the elbow it may not be the bicep but its surrounding tissue or tendon. Could have strained/yanked it when for example over-exerting on a pull-up.

Garz

Squat Member
Nearing the elbow it may not be the bicep but its surrounding tissue or tendon. Could have strained/yanked it when for example over-exerting on a pull-up.

walker

you have a weak bracoradialis (the muscle under the bicep on the forearm). this could of resulted in doing the bicep curls as hammer curls. It will go in time, but make sure your doing bicep curls parallel to the body rather than across or yanked motions.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
walker said:
you have a weak bracoradialis (the muscle under the bicep on the forearm). this could of resulted in doing the bicep curls as hammer curls. It will go in time, but make sure your doing bicep curls parallel to the body rather than across or yanked motions.

Fantastic remote diagnosis there me 'ol flyin doc.
Best you can say on a forum , is you have pain as a result of either mis technique or over use, therefore desist for the time being that what you were doing.. and pass yur exams or yu'll be sat on yer arse wasting time on the web like the rest of us.... using very pur inglish

Crankarm

Guru
Ice pack or frozen peas or similar such frozen objects for 10 mins on the affected area, then repeat about an hour later and so on until you feel the pain reducing. You can also massage the area with edge of the icepack, but don't keep it in contact with your skin for too long as you will cause probs plus it gets painful, several minutes at one go then remove massage and reapply. Doing this will help and speed your recovery no end. Of course you should see a doc first just in case there are other undelying issues one can't hope to discover from typing a reply from a keyboard ;).

Good luck with your exams.

walker said:

How do you that over the interweb? It could be tendonitis, in which case, hammer grip might actually be beneficial over regular..

Anyway, unless you're already buff to the max, bicep curls are a waste of time. Chin ups will work them better as part of a compound movement.

walker

cheadle hulme said:
How do you that over the interweb? It could be tendonitis, in which case, hammer grip might actually be beneficial over regular..

Anyway, unless you're already buff to the max, bicep curls are a waste of time. Chin ups will work them better as part of a compound movement.

not everyone has the Lats strength to do pull ups, so maybe not the best example of a compound movement, maybe Seated or bent over rows?

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
thanks for all the suggestions guys, pain had subsided enough to ride the bike on wednesday and had gone by thursday; haven't gone back to the weights yet though - maybe tonight.

I can do pull ups but don't think i'd be allowed to install a bar in uni halls, and the sills above the doors are not strong enough... what is a seated row? i'm not looking to gain tons of muscle mass, just to tone up whats already there which is a decent amount and to work on overall core strength. Any suggestions for working the muscles around the base of the spine/middle of the back to balance against stronger abs woudl be good too.

Crankarm

Guru
2nd chin ups. Really good for upper body strength, grip as well, arms, torso abdomen and lower back. Whilst hanging you can do all sorts of leg, lower back and twisting exercises and practice breathing control. Would recommend the end of a football goal cross bar to do chin ups from - oviously not in the middle.

Also diagonal crunches are good left elbow right knee and vice versa.

Good old press ups but on your knuckles and fingers are good.

Top Bottom