Bicycle Maintenance & Repair books / courses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Virtual DBP

Hi all,
I’m looking to learn a bit about bicycle mechanics for two reasons.
Firstly I have a garage full of bikes (kids bikes, mountain bikes and road bikes) and I’d like to be able to do basic maintenance and repair on them myself and save some money.
Secondly, I have a 1984 Claud Butler Brevet that I want to strip down and rebuild as a tourer/commuter with some decent bits (lots of non-original / rubbish parts on it just now).
Anyway, I don’t know much more beyond repairing a puncture so have enlisted on the Edinburgh Bicycle 1 day course and would like to back that up with something else.
Does anyone know of any really good technical books or more advanced courses that I could do?
…having read amazon reports, most of the obvious books get mixed reviews.

cheers,
Cam

Garz

Squat Member
Park do some great online tutorials and a big blue book of maintenance to get you started. There's also bicycle tutor another great reference. If you got room setup an nice workbench with a good adjustable clamp!

lukesdad

haynes used to do an excellent repair manual that covered road and mountain bike, it covered everything you d need to know, Im not sure if they still publish it, youd have to check

Top Bottom