Bicycle theft survey!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanielDesign

Hello! My name is Daniel Jansson and I am currently working on my degree work in my bachelors education in industrial design at the Umeå Institute of Design in Sweden. The aim of the project is to create a concept for a device to prevent bicycle theft. I'm currently in the research phase of the project and I would appreciate if anyone who reads this takes a couple of minutes to answer this short survey to be used as a base for oncoming project work.

https://spreadsheets...ZeVF0UmtFQkE6MQ

Thank you!

rusky

CC Addict
Done :thumbsup:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've done it.

How about some automatic handcuffs disguised as brake levers?

Or perhaps when the bike is stolen a hidden speaker starts to emit a sound inaudible to humans that enrages dogs. Or pigeons.

I didn't put that in the survey, I thought about it after.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Done. Only quality I could think of in a solution was a good chance of inconveniencing the would be thief.

Paint spray, dye, detaining them, that kind of thing. In my impotent rage against bike thieves, I dream of finding them sprayed purple, ziptied (of course) to the bike / fence / lampost, with a surcharge of volts in uncomfortable places. This is (of course) just a dream, but wouldn't it be lovely...

Ok. I know. I'd end up having to repaint the cat every night. But it'd be worth it ;)

Actually, thinking some more, what I'd really like is a proximity alarm that tells them to back off (or urban equivalent), goes mental if they touch it, doubly so if they trigger the tilt switch, and texts me throughout.

Probably too complex to have it also upload the end game to youtube. ;)

Top Bottom