Bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

khizar95

TROUBLESHOOTING WITH MY BICYCLE
HE Guys I have brought my new bicycle.But I am having a problem with my bicycle.Constant clicking noises when pedaling.I don't know how to solve this problem.Please Guys help me tell me a solution to solve this problem.:biggrin: :biggrin: :smile:

EMAIL:khizar_1995@yahoo.co.in

Hi khizar95

If the bike is new ie under a year old take it beak to the shop you got it from and tell them what the problem is.

Arch

Married to Night Train
You might want to remove your email address, or get spammed to death...

Yeah, if it's new, take it back to the shop and get them to fix it - assuming you bought it from a bike shop, not a garage or catalogue shop or something. If not, you could take it to a local bike shop that does servicing and stuff. Otherwise, we might need more detail to try and diagnose it. Does it only click when you pedal? Is it a regular click, or just sometimes? Does it click once with each turn of the pedals, or more often, or with each turn of the wheels? Is it a derailleur geared bike (lots of cogs at the back) or hub geared (one cog, all the gears inside the wheel hub). I would think, off hand, it could be the bottom bracket, or the chain not lining up on the rear sprockets properly, or a sticking chain...

It might be worth just checking that the chain is well lubricated (with 3 in 1 oil if you must, but preferably with a proper lube like Finishline).

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Can you give us some more detail ie does happen in certain gears. It could be that the front mech just needs adjusting. It is not likely to be the bottom bracket being so new. It may possibly have come loose. Check the angle of the front mech. If you slacken the clamp bolt and move it around slightly it may solve the problem. But take it back or ring the shop you got it from. They may be able to put their finger on it straight away.

Top Bottom