Big Day on JOGLE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarushby

After just missing my first back to back centuries. 102 miles Tuesday, 98 miles Wednesday (and just couldnt be arsed to ride around the block to make the numbers up), I decided to push the miles today going south from Preston.

Went through 100 miles then onto my first double metic century, and eventually did 174 miles (280 km).

Just wanted to share with people who will understand

robbiep

Über Member
174 with all that kit John, that's a monster effort, good riding!!

How long were you in the saddle for and where did you end up?

Think you've finished now? Let us know.

OP
OP
J

jarushby

174 miles with all that kit John, that's a monster effort, good riding!!

How long were you in the saddle for and where did you end up?

Think you've finished now? Let us know.

Finshed yesterday at 2.30pm. I am thefore claiming to have done JOGLE in 8 days (7 full days and 2 half days, as I did not set off from JOG until 4.30 pm on Thursday)

I arrived at Glasgow a day early so had a whole day free (0 cycling).

At this point I saw the weather forecast and decided that camping wasnt going to be much fun across England so I obtained a box and posted my tent, sleeping bag and mat back home. Used travelodges in Carlisle, Preston, Severn bridge and Okehampton.

PS, I agree with you about Shap, not a major climb, but when the wind is blowing (as it was on Wednesday) it is a scary place. I had to walk ~500m across the top as I simply could keep the bike upright.

robbiep

Über Member
Well congratulations mate, a well deserved rest now I guess?

Just researching a new bike to play with, not sure which way to go?????

I would ask what's next......but I'll give you a week first :biggrin:

Now try to stop eating as much as you have been, it's a nightmare!!

Barbelier

John

Congratulations again mate! A very impressive performance indeed.

Thanks for keeping in touch while we were both on the road together - definately helped to chat to someone else who was going through it.

Robbie

Well done to you as well, although John said you hardly looked as if you had broken into a sweat when he met you at JOG.
With regard to eating, I have lost one and half stone since I started the training for my JOGLE. The hard bit now is keeping it off!!

davefb

Guru
Finshed yesterday at 2.30pm. I am thefore claiming to have done JOGLE in 8 days (7 full days and 2 half days, as I did not set off from JOG until 4.30 pm on Thursday)

I arrived at Glasgow a day early so had a whole day free (0 cycling).

At this point I saw the weather forecast and decided that camping wasnt going to be much fun across England so I obtained a box and posted my tent, sleeping bag and mat back home. Used travelodges in Carlisle, Preston, Severn bridge and Okehampton.

PS, I agree with you about Shap, not a major climb, but when the wind is blowing (as it was on Wednesday) it is a scary place. I had to walk ~500m across the top as I simply could keep the bike upright.

WOW respect :biggrin:...

shap is amazing, seen some sights on there, if only through the car window.... the sparks from train brakes in the dark , the harry potter train i think we saw up there ( and later on the glenfinnan viaduct ;) )

but also felt some horrid weather,, would hate to have been on a bike!!

Top Bottom