Big hello from Stokey (and bike pic!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vélos & Vagabonds

Hello!

My name is Jo and I live in London (Stoke Newington to be precise). I grew up in the cycling city of Oxford so I can't remember what it is like not to ride a bike. I am a commuter/casual cyclist, and I have a lovely mint green BSA sport 80's ladies racer (she has a name too)!

I'm in the early stages of setting up Vélos & Vagabonds, a new fashion range for female cyclists. I am being supported by The Prince's Trust Enterprise Programme.

I need votes to fund my business, it is totally free to support me. If I reach 500 votes then I will be awarded £500 by Enterprise Nation. Perhaps this might not sound like a lot of money, but it will make a real difference to my business. You can read a little more about what I would spend the money on when you click the link below:

VOTE FOR ME HERE

If any of you would like to vote I would be so appreciative. I am passionate about getting more women on their bikes, and I believe that fashion plays a big part in this.

Some more information about the brand:

Vélos & Vagabonds is a fashion range for female cyclists. The designs are feminine, comfortable and chic: the antidote to the lycra-clad uniform that cyclists are usually associated with. In October 2010, my idea was born out of a frustration that there wasn't any feminine cycle clothing online or on the UK High Street. Amongst the baggy black one-size-fits all waterproof trousers and sporty-looking rain macs, I noticed that there was a gap in the market. The idea is that the clothing can be worn all day because it is smart, comfortable and on trend, and in addition is waterproof and has 3M reflective design elements that can be revealed at nighttime to ensure that the cyclist is visible on the road.

The clothing will enable women to look fabulous on their bikes, go to work and attend social engagements without having to change their outfits.
Vélos & Vagabonds is aimed at women aged 18-55 who are regular or frequent cyclists and who are bored of big brands fobbing them off with a generic rain mac in a shade of lucid pink or a floral print. I aim to be stocked by large cycle retailers, department stores and small independent boutiques.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Attachments

• PeppermintPatty.JPG
    PeppermintPatty.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 56

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I voted. Good lok with the enterprising and well done for getting this far.

John

Top Bottom