Big Junction Ride, London, Nov 12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member

Speshact

If you're around in London on the morning of this Saturday, 12th November, do please join in the ride, meeting at St Mark's Church opposite Oval Tube Station and finishing at Look Mum No Hands having done all except one junction (due to the Lord Mayor's Parade being in the way).

It looks as though there will be a lot of riders taking part, nudging TfL and Boris to work harder to improve conditions for cyclists. The organisers' blogs and relevant posts are here:
http://ibikelondon.blogspot.com/2011/11/were-all-set-tour-of-tfls-10-most.html

http://cyclelondoncity.blogspot.com/2011/11/over-100-people-to-join-tour-of-tfls.html

I was in the Don of Lon today with the family on a trip to the London Eye, but since our ride wasn't 'til 4pm we spent some time doing touristy stuff, and whilst at Buck house saw a whole bunch of cyclists go by who we knew must have doing some sort of attention-awareness raising ride and damn fab it looked too. The sound of all of the bells being rung simeoultaneously kept me waiting for the guitar riff from Bicycle Race to chime in :biggrin: .
Saw one bloke having the usual "we all pay tax" discussion with a cabbie who was doubtless moaning about 'bloody cyclists' and 'why don't you pay road tax' or somesuch.
Spoke to two of the participants who told me about the recent fatalities at Bow :sad:

Great to see some positiv action being taken :boxing:

OP
OP
R

Red Light

I was in the Don of Lon today with the family on a trip to the London Eye, but since our ride wasn't 'til 4pm we spent some time doing touristy stuff, and whilst at Buck house saw a whole bunch of cyclists go by who we knew must have doing some sort of attention-awareness raising ride and damn fab it looked too. The sound of all of the bells being rung simeoultaneously kept me waiting for the guitar riff from Bicycle Race to chime in :biggrin: .
Saw one bloke having the usual "we all pay tax" discussion with a cabbie who was doubtless moaning about 'bloody cyclists' and 'why don't you pay road tax' or somesuch.
Spoke to two of the participants who told me about the recent fatalities at Bow :sad:

Great to see some positiv action being taken :boxing:

It was a great ride today with several hundred turning out for it.

Origamist

Legendary Member
It was a good turn-out, well organised and nice to see Simon Hughes and Caroline Pidgeon participate. Oh, and Joanna Lumley waved at me from her Smart Car...

Thanks to Danny and Mark for instigating the ride.

Top Bottom