Bike advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Toptec

Hi,
We need to get another Mountain type bike for my 9yr old Grandson, at the moment he's riding an apollo. Want to find him something lighter, as putting it on the roof rack is a two man job due to the excessive weight. He's growing by the second, so the criteria is this.
New or preloved is not an issue, 26" wheels, & a good quality lightweight bike, steel or alloy. Any help gladly received
Steve

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes, some of those full sus bikes are very heavy. I would suggest something without any suspension at all( front and back). How tall is he? I would have thought most full size bikes would be too big for him. How about this http://www.evanscycles.com/products/ridgeback/serenity-2014-kids-bike-ec055367
Not a mountain bike but a hybrid, which he will find to be much faster on the road and he can still take it off road without any problems.

OP
OP
T

Toptec

He's 1.5 mtr but long legged, like to get him full (26") wheels. May have to get him a s or xs frame, are Spesh rockhoppers light? needto keep the weight down as much as economically possible. He tires quickly riding the heavy Apollo around, & so would I, it's dam heavy...
Steve

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Have a look at Decathlon.
They have a range of Mountain bikes that are probably as good as you can get at the price point. They're well made, well put together and wont break the bank.

Top Bottom