Bike Buying Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buzza1976

Kajjal

Guru
What are you looking for in a bike and where / how do you plan to ride it ?

To give you an example the last bike I bought was for road riding and gravel tracks. Due to this it has hydraulic disc brakes and stronger wheels than a pure road bike would. It also has shorter reach and drop bars to give me the riding positon and handling I was after.

OP
OP
B

Buzza1976

What are you looking for in a bike and where / how do you plan to ride it ?

To give you an example the last bike I bought was for road riding and gravel tracks. Due to this it has hydraulic disc brakes and stronger wheels than a pure road bike would. It also has shorter reach and drop bars to give me the riding positon and handling I was after.

I'm after a Road Bike that I can use for regular longer rides...say 75km+. Comfort is a big factor in my choice...I won't be taking her out in terrible weather unless that's the weather on a particular evetn day.

vickster

Legendary Member
Can you test ride them, really is the best way to assess and choose

Is an aero bike the most practical option for endurance riding?

For me, Fuji on looks alone. But only in 50 or 58cm which would also chuck it out of contention!!

The PX does nothing positive for me other than the SRAM groupset

OP
OP
B

Buzza1976

Thanks for comments...I'm more taken with the Fuji and at 6' 4" I'd have to go for the 58cm...apparently Fuji's size large as well...which is good for me!

I'm after a Road Bike that I can use for regular longer rides...say 75km+. Comfort is a big factor in my choice...I won't be taking her out in terrible weather unless that's the weather on a particular evetn day.

I understood the Altamira to be a race day bike, that's not to say it wouldn't be comfortable if you get one that works for you, just be aware that "conventional" wisdom these days is that you should have a more upright "sportive"-type road bike if comfort is the big idea... personally I think it's bollox but it does depend on the individual.

bb

Kajjal

Guru
Unless you have a clear idea of the riding position you want best to test ride a few bikes of different types. Some people prefer a stretched out head down position and others a shorter more upright position. I would start with bikes similar to the synapse and Roubaix. These are designed to be comfortable distance road bikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's the biggest they do for that bike according to the size guide

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/browse/mobileSizeChartInfo.jsp?productId=prod147018

Be an aggressive ride possibly

Lee_M

Guru
Thanks for comments...I'm more taken with the Fuji and at 6' 4" I'd have to go for the 58cm...apparently Fuji's size large as well...which is good for me!

have you tried it?

I'm 6'3" and have to ride a 60cm or larger, 58 just doesn't work for me

Top Bottom