Bike for a 4' 10" woman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
Have a chat to wanda2010 of this parish. She rides a road bike with 650c wheels, and reports that she's 4'11":
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/new-bike-shortlist-so-far-what-do-you-think.81861/#post-1472427

Here I am!!

My road bike is a Trek 1.2, 43cm, 2010 model and it comes with 650c wheels. I changed the stem to a 60 and the handlebar to a compact 38mm. I changed the saddle too. The cranks are 165cm.

I also have a SS (Fuji junior classic track 2011). Again, I had to change the stem and handlebar and eventually put a stem extender on it to shorten the reach a bit more. Now it's more comfortable but I'm aware it's not perfect for me.

My problem is reach. I had a bike fit and my ideal reach would be 47/48 inches, but they are rare, if they exist and I can't yet afford a custom bike.

I've ridden 'standard' sized bikes and I currently have an old steel one which I love even though it's too big and I need to change the components.

GrasB, point your friend in the direction of LFGSS ladies section. In there is a post on bikes for smaller people and some suggestions are made.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom