Bike for Grandson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesAC

My eldest grandson will be five in August, and has started to cycle "properly" (ie no stabilsers or whatever), thanks to an excellent bike club at his junior school.

Any advice on a suitable bike I might get for his birthday?

Cheers

Globalti

Legendary Member
Islabikes. More expensive than the heavy rubbish you can get from Halfrauds but they won't put him off cycling and you'll get your money back when he grows out of an Islabike.

Here: http://www.islabikes.co.uk/

I have had a couple of children on my courses who have been riding Islabikes, and I agree that they are a quality piece of kit. One young lad on his Beinn 20 had been on numerous long distance foreign touring holidays with his family. They are real bikes and definitely not toys.

I have had a couple of children on my courses who have been riding Islabikes, and I agree that they are a quality piece of kit. One young lad on his Beinn 20 had been on numerous long distance foreign touring holidays with his family. They are real bikes and definitely not toys.

+1 for Islabikes. My granddaughter was very nervous and took ages to go stabiliser-free. She now 'goes like the wind'.

Top Bottom