Bike for my partner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pitbull644

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me please. I am looking to buy a bike for my partner. She would like to use it to cycle to work and to use for leisure rides. I have been looking at hybrids but to be honest I'm not completely sold with these. I would like to get something that is light, comfortable and relatively cheap. Can anyone suggest anything?

Many Thanks

A bike for your partner seems a decent exchange, but I'd need a better description of her before I commit.

It's very much down to the individual. Tastes and preferences differ enormously. My advice would be to sit on a few, ride them if possible and pick the one that's comfortable and in your price range. I'd suggest similar for choosing a bike too.

gbb

Legendary Member
Don't forget to get and listen to your wife's requirements / preferences . I 'leaned' the wife in favour of what I thought was best...we brought it,she didn't deep down like it and as a result it hardly got used until we brought one she did like a couple years later.

Take her into a bike shop, and let her find styles she likes the look of. If she's not a cyclist now, then she really doesn't know what sort of cycling she'll be doing in a year, so picking something she likes is a good start. And even if you don't find something in that shop, she'll have an idea of the sort of bike she wants.

Decathlon have a lot of good bikes in lower prices ranges, and you can test ride them in the safety of the store, so that's worth a visit.

And this caught my eye the other day: attracted me enough so I wandered over to see what it was. Startled it was from Halfords. But I think the Pendleton bikes are ok, and the price is nice. It's only 3 gears, but it's SA hub gears, so should last a long time. Is a touch heavy.

679310?$pd_main_v2$.jpg

OP
OP
P

pitbull644

Hi all, thank you for your responses. She hasn't cycled in a long time however she is looking for a bike that she can use to commute to work but is light enough so she doesn't have to worry too much when taking it out for leisurely rides hence looking at some hybrid bikes. She wants a decent range of gears, somewhere to attach a rack at the back of the bike and is no more than £300. It doesn't have to be hybrid however.

Thanks again

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
That one from Rutland looks rather heavy for the OP's requirements IMHO.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes-and-classic-bikes/pendleton-briary-hybrid-bike seems not a bad bike for the price.

machew

Veteran
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me please. I am looking to buy a bike for my partner. She would like to use it to cycle to work and to use for leisure rides. I have been looking at hybrids but to be honest I'm not completely sold with these. I would like to get something that is light, comfortable and relatively cheap. Can anyone suggest anything?

Many Thanks
Sounds like a fair swap

Top Bottom