Bike for roof rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I may soon be traveling around the country a lot with my bike on the car's roof rack. To aid in the car's fuel economy, I will.get an aero bike.

Will that make much difference to amount of petrol used or shall I just stick my 10 year old road bike on it?

I jest of course. Just having a dig at those "aero claims".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Hate lifting a bike above my head to put on a rack, much prefer a tow bar mounted one.

Jameshow

Veteran
I may soon be traveling around the country a lot with my bike on the car's roof rack. To aid in the car's fuel economy, I will.get an aero bike.

Will that make much difference to amount of petrol.used or shall I just stick my 10 year old road bike on it?

I jest of course. Just having a dig at those "aero claims".

I wouldn't just I case I forgot about the multistorey car park when running late to a meeting!🤣🤣🤣🤣

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One won't make a load of difference, but if it's just you, pop the wheels off and pop it in the boot (more secure and out of sight). MTB's are massive though, so need seats down for just one. Try 4 MTB's on the roof, and watch the fuel needle move. :whistle:

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
One won't make a load of difference, but if it's just you, pop the wheels off and pop it in the boot (more secure and out of sight). MTB's are massive though, so need seats down for just one. Try 4 MTB's on the roof, and watch the fuel needle move. :whistle:

Just wait a few years until the marketing folk try to sell us aero mountain bikes!

Top Bottom