Bike for Wife - Dirt tracks, woodland paths, singletrack pathways mainly, with front suspension? Pls Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
That's Spa Cycles' own brand budget touring triple, so 48 on the big ring, then 38 & 28 on the others. I use it mostly on the middle ring, but it's nice to have the big one when riding on tarmac. Am on 24 inch wheels btw, as muggins a bit, erm, undertall...

Am out in the fens, so not much in the way of the up and down stuff, which is why I went for road rather than MTB gearing.

Looks like the same setup I use for this

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 7

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Either of the bikes you looked at are fine and will do exactly what you listed with little issue. A test ride is always a good idea .

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It's a good range for a triple. 8sp 11-32 on the back. The gearing on junior MTBs tends to be too low for flat country, iirc the original was something like a 44-32-22

Nice bike btw, and the chainset looks a lot more "to scale" than it does on mine... :okay:

It's for sale, but do you think I can shift it? Can I hell as like :laugh:

People don't want 3x10, steel, or 26 inch wheels anymore, even with Hope hubs :eek:.

It's for sale, but do you think I can shift it? Can I hell as like :laugh:

People don't want 3x10, steel, or 26 inch wheels anymore, even with Hope hubs :eek:.

Ah, the vagaries of fashion... :rolleyes:

Mind you, what goes around comes around. And you have to say, that's much nicer than bell bottoms and platform shoes... :laugh:

Top Bottom