bike frame sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That's a shame; works on every computer I have ever tried the free version on.

I have used Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox and all take a few minutes to load, I normally don't run anything else while it is loading and make myself a cup of tea while it loads. I have just timed my two laptops, with with 4gb ram the other with 16gb ram and they took 1 min 52 seconds and 1 min 25 seconds respectively, running nothing else as they were loading. To fair not much visibly happens when they load so it is tempting to give up.

Just in case you do get it working I have added another based on your post at 06.10, they don't give quite as much data as Wiggle do but it may still help.

View attachment 563180
trying on my laptop 8 gig ram , left it running for maybe 20 mins + and it timed out

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
trying on my laptop 8 gig ram , left it running for maybe 20 mins + and it timed out
Sorry other than not using the laptop whilst it is trying to load I have no other suggestions I am afraid cyberknight. Maybe don't try loading my designs from their archive load their road bike from the quick start menu; looking at the BikeCAD Forum you are not alone in having issues.

It's also a shame Boardman don't list the stack and reach either, that frame must be a few years old now as those two measurements are normally given as standard these days. The top tube length doesn't actually give you quite enough information, but to an extent you can guestimate the fork length and BikeCAD will fill in that stack and reach. I could see the Brand-X RD-01 Road Bike Frameset has clearance for mudguards and requires longer depth brakes, so I'd expect them to use slightly longer fork, your Boardman looks like you have closer clearances which would normally have a slightly shorter fork in comparison.

As I have had to guestimate some of the Boardman data the accuracy will not be as good as I'd like it so I'm not sure if I have been much help really! For what it is worth to summarise the data from each was as follows:

Brand-X RD-01 Road Bike Frameset:
52cm Reach 378
52 Stack 541

54cm Reach 384
54cm Stack 551

Yellow Boardman
54cm Reach 382
54cm Stack 541

Both Brand X frames have a shorter seat tube compared to your Boardman, 48 and 50cm versus the 51.5cm and looking at your Boardman and the amount of visible seatpin both being shorter will not be an issue with a normal length seatpin.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
As I have had to guestimate some of the Boardman data the accuracy will not be as good as I'd like it so I'm not sure if I have been much help really! For what it is worth to summarise the data from each was as follows:

Brand-X RD-01 Road Bike Frameset:
54cm Reach 384
54cm Stack 551

Yellow Boardman
54cm Reach 382
54cm Stack 541

I doubt your guesstimates are far out, since you've considered the type of frames Boardman make and their limited clearances.

The bottom line is the reach difference between the 54's is too small to even consider, and the stack height on the Wiggle frame goes in the direction of extra comfort. If the Boardman is comfortable, then the 54 size Wiggle will be too.

Top Bottom