Bike left at Schiphol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I was recently in a most enjoyable touring trip to Holland cycling through picturesque tulip fields, mills, bridges, farms and all the usual scenic places this wonderful country is offering.

Due to a rushing unscheduled return flight I had to leave the bike (a 26" mountain with mud guards and rear carrying rack) in a designated bike parking spot at Schiphol airport and for reasons related to bike low value I do not plan on returning back to pick it up.

Instead of letting the bike rusting away I prefer to offer it for free to anyone who wishes to use it, be it a tourist or a local, for touring or commuting, for sharing or using it for ever. It doesn't really matter.

I got the information that Dutch authorities tend to remove bikes from public parking places if they are not used for more than four weeks. Not sure if true or not and how they can control that but if indeed true, anyone interested to take the bike has to reply soon as I need to mail you the key to unlock it.

I flew out on May 6th so there is still almost one month to act.

Anyone interested?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
That's a great thing to do and I hope someone takes you up on it. The bit that struck me was however an airport with bike parking for passengers. We have such a very long way to go in the UK. Still hardly considering bike parking in new build areas anywhere here let alone airport.

Top Bottom