Bike needed for novice triathlon and family rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ed15jd

Hi everybody really looking forward to my first triathlon, but I need to buy a bike!!! I was thinking a giant 3 or something similar as I want to use it on the road but also have it to use for family rides, ideally could someone give me some ideas on where to buy is best or even second hand apart from EBay ?..Apologies if posted in the wrong forum. Thanks in advance.

Jon.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
jon thats a lot to ask a bike that you can do a triathlon on and use for family rides .

where are you based in country ? i would go 2nd hand all the time but just be carefull

OP
OP
E

Ed15jd

Thanks for the reply I was thinking a hybrid as cant really afford bike for road then bike for a path riding etc with my wife and daughter. I'm in Cardiff btw.

paul04

Über Member
Hello Jon, you could have a look in your local bike shop and see what they have in+give you some ideas on the right bike for you.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Jon and :welcome:. I'd suggest looking in your local bike shop as well. You may not get the cheapest price but you'll get backup that you won't get buying online.

I've heard of people doing triathlons using their mountain bikes so a "hybrid" should work okay. If you haven't already seen it this part of the forum should be very helpful to you.

welshwheels

try tredz in cardiff they usually are competitively priced and the staff are knowledgeable

OP
OP
E

Ed15jd

Okay we'll that's a decent idea - but what am I likely to be able to pick up in that price range 2nd hand for the road ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Okay we'll that's a decent idea - but what am I likely to be able to pick up in that price range 2nd hand for the road ?
for £200 you should be able to pick up a decent 2nd road bike like the one below which i bought just recentley

$T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGkzBQ8oh1n(Tw~~60_57.jpg

Top Bottom