Bike owned in signature, why not??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick1979

I have a very silly question (isn't the Café made for that?): why do (almost) nobody put the bikes they own/ride in their CC signature??

On forums about anything (computers/cars/sports...) on the web, everybody seems to be proud of their stuff and put them in their sigs (sometimes 10+ lines, grrr....). But here, while I'm sure we are all proud of our bike(s), nobody seems to do it, strange....

And it might be useful to see what kind of machine each forumer tend to ride, what do you thing?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
There isn't actually a specific brand of bike, as there is with cars.

Whatever frame with cheap wheels and a Sora groupset is a totally different machine to the same frame with carbon wheels and a Dura Ace or Record groupset.

A bike is a collection of different brands of kit, choosen at the discretion of the supplier or the owner.

My wife and I own a total of 24 machines, none of which is standard, most built with personal favourite or modified equipment. I would end up with a sig longer than most posts.

On the other hand, there is not the link with cyclists and one-upmanship that so many car related sites have - so no incentive to list in this way.

Finally I read somewhere that something like 35% of BMW owners aren't, So if they are lying about their car, is there any point?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
About 95% of BMW 'drivers' probably don't own the car - it will be a company car.....

On here we drop pics into the gallery - as mentioned there are loads of wierd and wonderful machines and a one liner won't describe them....there is a massive mix of 'cyclist types' on here.

Top Bottom