Bike pannier bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lin

Hi there,
I'm planning on buying a new pair of pannier bike bags that I can use for when I'm biking/camping. They need to be quite large and preferably waterproof. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've had a look at ebay and they all look pretty good and dirt cheap which is, to be honest, putting me off buying them. I rather spend some money and get a proper pair that won't break down on me in the middle of a camping trip.
Any suggestions and all advice are welcome!
cheers
Lin

jhawk

Veteran
Ortliebs are supposed to be really, really good. I've got M-Wave panniers on my bike and love them! Arkel's are up there, too.

There are many to choose from. Take your pick!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Best to offer the pannier up to the bike to get a good fit, rather than buy blind.

Particularly so if you want a big bag because heel clearance may come in to play.

This will also depend on the mounting of the rack.

A pannier rack - narrow, no spring clip - is often deliberately mounted further back on the bike.

An ordinary rack - wider, spring clip - is often mounted nearer the seatpost.

It will take a pannier, but probably not such a large one.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I didn't want to spend too much on panniers but after lots of research I ended up going for Ortliebs... I'm a tight fisted northerner and hate sticking my hand in my pocket... but after several years the Ortliebs have proved to be money well spent and the initial cost I've long since forgotten about.

Top Bottom