Bike paths/trails near Gleneagles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
We're staying near Gleneagles station and looking to see if there are any bike paths or dirt roads/gravel etc that we could take our 5 year old on. He's done a 12 mile ride before but not great on long hills so something flat would be good.

Anything nearby?

Slick

Guru
I'm not sure if too many people will know that area well enough and unfortunately, I'm no different but I am a golfer and have played the courses over there a few times and noticed quite a network of paths within the grounds that would be perfect for a 5 year old.

For more specific local knowledge, maybe @Mo1959 could advise.

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
That's a good call - getting there might be tricky, Strava's not showing any riding/walking paths apart from the main roads. Will ask at the place we're staying, see if they know but it doesn't look great looking at Strava's heatmaps.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
To be honest, there’s not much in the way of trails sadly. A few short paths around the town which are for walking/cycling but they aren’t going to take long.

Baldy

Über Member
No good for a 5 year old but the only routes I can think of go up into the Ochils. I live on the south side of the hills, there's a few ways you can go over but there all a bit much for the little one.

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
Yes having stayed up there it was very poor for children's cycling, a quiet but fast B road with big hills on it to even get anywhere useful. In the end he was happy enough just sat in the jacuzzi. :smile:

Top Bottom