Bike Shops in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Hello, I am inna London this weekend visiting relatives and have myself a free afternoon today and could do with getting myself some new handlebars to finally suit my new bike, after the randonneurs that came with it were considered too small, and the Charge Slice bullhorns I rashly purchased to replace them proved to be too bloody enormous.

There are of course branches of Evans everywhere but I don't think I'll find the slightly more obscure needs of non-Charge bullhorn bars there. I was going to go to the Condor shop in Holborn as I'd imagine they may well have what I'm after and lots of other interesting things to gawp at, but thought I should ask if there is anywhere else I might want to look - I guess Condor won't exactly be the cheapest option!

So, basically after suggestions for shops in London that may sell interesting bars and all have interesting stuff to look at also to entertain me.

Thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
Condor very good

I like On Your Bike at London Bridge, couple of minutes from the station, maybe more mainstream stuff but a nice shop :smile:

http://www.onyourbike.com/stylesheet.asp?file=7_1_1_contact_us

Dan B

Disengaged member
Brick Lane Bikes will undoubtedly have all kinds of weird bars, especially if you want to build an authentic replica keirin bike to wheel from one shoreditch bar to the next, but they probably won't be all that cheap

Bicycle Magic (E1) never fail to surprise me with what they have: I don't think this is necessarily their forte but may be worth a look.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Thanks!

Brick Lane bikes were the only shop to say they had anything suitable in stock, however they "weren't sure" if their own-brand BLB bullhorn bars would take bar end shifters. They said they would take bar end brakes, though. Which just left me feeling very confused.

Also, their own brand bullhorn bars look EXACTLY like Nitto bars, and I'm concerned they are just the same and I know that Nitto bars are most certainly not suitable for bar end brakes and shifters. And I don't have mine with me to check!

Also I fear if I entered the shop I'd feel utterly disgusted by the overwhelming neon hipsterishness of the place ;)

subaqua

What’s the point
Brick Lane Bikes will undoubtedly have all kinds of weird bars, especially if you want to build an authentic replica keirin bike to wheel from one shoreditch bar to the next, but they probably won't be all that cheap

Bicycle Magic (E1) never fail to surprise me with what they have: I don't think this is necessarily their forte but may be worth a look.

i thought hoxton and haggerston were the "hip" places to be now .

Top Bottom