Bike Shops in Manchester Area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garethssmith

Looking for a new bike (with Cyclescheme) and want to stay away from "retail" stores (Evans etc), has anyone had any experience of the following shops?

Eddie McGrath in Urmston
Geoff Smith in Bolton
Threadgold in Wythenshawe
Ron Spencer in Warrington

Appreciate any advice

Or are the chain stores ok?

Gaz

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Threadgolds is a good shop with decent mechanics.

Judderz

Looking for a new bike (with Cyclescheme) and want to stay away from "retail" stores (Evans etc), has anyone had any experience of the following shops?

Eddie McGrath in Urmston
Geoff Smith in Bolton
Threadgold in Wythenshawe
Ron Spencer in Warrington

Appreciate any advice

Or are the chain stores ok?

Gaz

Geoff Smith's is my LBS, top notch service, always willing to help and not sell you something that you don't need.

potsy

Rambler
I've only used 2 bike shops in the last few years, Bike Shak in Altrincham and Ken Fosters in Chorlton.
Been pleased with bike shak but they aren't cheap, went to Fosters for a Caad8 as they and Evans were the only local source of Cannondales.

Live a couple of miles from Threadgolds but haven't used it apart from buying a mirror about 3 years ago, keep meaning to try them for any repairs but haven't needed anything doing recently that I can't do myself.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Eddie McGrath is a good shop, very helpful staff, it is a little out of my way, so I don't go there often but have bought from them and they supply our clubs kit.

OP
OP
garethssmith

garethssmith

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm not too far away from any of those 4 to be honest.

I looked at BikeShak too, and Ken Foster, I'm looking at the Giant Defy 2 but not precious to it. Just looks the best "off the peg" bike/spec for the cost (£800)

Eddie McGrath's is my local.

I am constantly mithering them; they know their stuff and they're the only mechanics who ever work on my bikes besides myself.

I do not hesitate in my recommendation.

I bought my Genesis from harry halls. I was happy with the deal I got on the bike but Eddie McGrath's have looked after it since

OP
OP
garethssmith

garethssmith

It's looking more likely I'll go to Eddie McGraths, plenty of support for it here (and other people have recommended it), only around the corner too

Top Bottom