Bike through cycle to work scheme.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shaynemawer

Hi all, i can get a bike through the cycle to work scheme. After been looking in a few shops i've narrowed it down to two Cubes that i like through a local shop.

1st one is the Cube Acid 2020 at £950

https://www.cube.eu/2020/bikes/mountainbike/hardtail/acid/cube-acid-bluegreynorange-2020/

and the 2nd is the Cube Analog 2020 at £700.

https://www.cube.eu/2020/bikes/mountainbike/hardtail/analog/cube-analog-greennorange-2020/

now, ill be doing bit of road riding and then mostly using the bike around local motorsport track (hilly but nothing to serious)

anyone have any opinions on either bike ? am slightly leaning towards the Acid.
Have looked at Trek, Voodoo etc but really like the look of the Cube's.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
If they're in a local shop, give each a test ride and see which you like best. Cube do make nice looking bikes... but it's how they feel that really matters.

vickster

Legendary Member
How long is the commute? On road? If so perhaps look at models without suspension or at least make sure the fork has a good lockout

OP
OP
S

shaynemawer

the commute is only small. about 3 miles. the fork has the pop lock system so hopefully be okay.

think am going go with the Analog 2020 rather then the more expensive Acid as not sure i'd really see any benefit from the better equipment on the Acid.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Main difference appears to be a better fork on the more expensive bike.

I doubt you will notice that in general use, particularly if you are going to be using the lockout.

The quoted weights of 13kg+ strike me as quite heavy for a naked mountain bike, but it may be Cube is just being honest.

OP
OP
S

shaynemawer

Main difference appears to be a better fork on the more expensive bike.

Yeah, this is what the sales bloke mentioned when we was discussing the bikes and what use they would be receiving. Basically said main stand out difference was the forks but with casual use i wouldn't see no benefit from the air forks, also mentioned few other bits are a slight downgrade, but again nothing that i wouldn't really miss.

Top Bottom