Bike to Work Scheme help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrVandal

My employer is not keen on starting this scheme at work, (I think he is just lazy if you ask me) this is very sad because I could do with another bike. Is there a way I could do it without my employer?:laugh:

No.....

Your options are 1) set-up own company, 2) Change his mind

To change his mind, i'd suggest you try to figure out if he understands what is being asked:
- Financially (there are financial benefits to the employer too)
- Administrative workload (self run, or outsourced to cyclescheme etc). Both arent that hard.

As an aside, if you, or your colleagues are cyclists and valued employees, you can play with him insecure. In negotiations should always think about their BATNA's (Best Alternatives to Negotiated Agreement) i.e if you can't agree, then what happens? If you can gently and subtly make him worry that it's in his interests to let you win, then it puts you in a more powerfull position. Howvere, be carefull if his batna is stonger than yours, you are in a weak postion.

Norm

Ooo... is that a mini-ping there? ;)

You can't do it without your employer, as they need to be onboard for you to make the tax savings. You need to figure out why he is lazy. You say "my employer", is it the owner or a manager who is the lazy one?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I thought Norm would be more helpful.

If you're saying they are lazy/worried/making excuses you as a last resort you could always get your local council's work travel plan co-ordinator's team to get in touch. They have to deal with this sort of stuff on a daily basis.

Norm

Ooo.

I will be, however, the question asked was can it be done without the employer. Tollers had already answered that.

The next steps, IMO, depend on whether "my employer" owns the company or is just a manager.

Norm

Norm said:
You say "my employer", is it the owner or a manager who is the lazy one?
MrV

I you can give us a bit more line on what you mean by "my employer", we might be able to be of more assistance with preparing a persuasive argument for you to use. ;)

Top Bottom