bike tool aluminium workstand from ribble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

diabach

has anyone used one of these stands from ribble, they look a well made sturdy piece of kit and have had some decent reviews.. can you hold the bike on the seat post without the stand toppling over or does it have to be on the frame.

another quickie please, i have a pair of shimano ro 86 shoes with shimano cleats fitted, would i be able to fit look keo cleats to these shoes without any problems. thanks dia.

Canardly

Veteran
If you are talking about the fifty odd quid Bike Tool one with the 10/10 review rating I have one of those - and I am very pleased with it. Is a substantial piece of kit and appears to be well made. Not made use of it yet so cant def answer the seat post issue but I imagine would be ok as the stand is a lot larger than the impression given by the photo, so should be stable with the centre of gravity being held within the splayed legs.

P.H

Über Member
 I've had one for a couple of years, it's fine, I hold one bike by the seatpost though when possible use the frame as it's more stable.  I's not as sturdy as a friends Minora stand though for a third of the price I'm not complaining. It's a good price from Ribble as well, I think I paid around £70.  These also come with several different names on, Union and Bike Hand are two I've seen, often seen on Ebay for more than the Ribble price.    

OP
OP
D

diabach

cheers for the replies, very helpfull, will order from ribble today and get down to some serious cleaning and maintenance without straining my delicate back !! .. " ps " any thoughts on the shimano shoe/cleat question,, ta dia.......

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
[QUOTE 1236883"]
Swings and roundabouts I think. That one will be heavier, and I don't think it folds.
[/quote]

Thank you - added the BOSS to my Xmas list... got plenty of space so don't need a folder and it looks sturdier than the ally one.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Top Bottom