Bike trailer and baby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I'm heading to centre Parcs next year and I'm keen to get around with 2 kids in a trailer.
However is there anyone who knows what ages these trailers can take and whether an 8 month old would be able to go in safely?
Could I put a car seat into a two child trailer safely and get the 4 year old in as well or is this a no no!
Any advice would be helpful, and admins please repost another thread if that's more suitable...
Thanks in advance....

Our boy went into a 2 child trailer from about 9 or 10 months. You can get special seats such as Burley baby snuggler which attaches to the straps and holds the baby in securely.

The added benefit of such a piece of my is they take up less room than a car seat. Possibly means the older child fits in better.

BTW at 4 our son didn't want the trailer anymore. He was into child seats and his own bike.

If your eldest is riding without stabilizers look to spend on a followme tandem. Better than a trail gator and allows your child to ride when practical and be towed (with as much help as he/she wants to / can give) when tired or unsafe to ride solo. Expensive but it'll last and your second child will have the pleasure later on.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another that strapped them in young here. With pillows cradling the head. You won't need a car seat.

Do not use a helmet on your child inside a trailer either, they will only tilt your child's head forward, that and they are really not needed in a trailer.

OP
OP
Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Thanks, do it sounds like a goer then!
I might have to wait until the baby gets a bit older to try and visualise what to do. My 4 year old isn't into cycling yet and she's pretty lazy so she may want to go into the trailer!
She won't want to cycle up the hills anyway and im not too keen on rear child carrier behind the seat... more me forgetting she's there when I stop!

U

User482

I think we did regular trips from six months. That was with a Weber baby seat.

Top Bottom