Bike Weights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Apeman

Über Member
After a long absence have to have a gripe/moan.Having decided to buy my wife a new bike I sourced Avanti bikes as they do women specific models. The bike she has at the moment weighs 27lbs which she finds heavy to push(she is small but perfectly formed!).On Avanti site no mention of any weights!! I enquired regarding weights and was bluntly informed " We dont show weights on our bikes" Other makers show weights.In this day and age why cant Avanti promote their products with all relevant information. I will have to go else where to spend my money.Has any-one else come across this problem?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
After a long absence have to have a gripe/moan.Having decided to buy my wife a new bike I sourced Avanti bikes as they do women specific models. The bike she has at the moment weighs 27lbs which she finds heavy to push(she is small but perfectly formed!).On Avanti site no mention of any weights!! I enquired regarding weights and was bluntly informed " We dont show weights on our bikes" Other makers show weights.In this day and age why cant Avanti promote their products with all relevant information. I will have to go else where to spend my money.Has any-one else come across this problem?
It's not unusual for bike makers to not quote weights. Trek don't, they seem to get by OK…

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Weight depends on size, thus they would end up with a list of weights for every size in every spec, it would become tedius and it leads to brands just quoting the weight of the lightest size, which is generally not that useful because weights don't always change in the same way as you scale up and down, thus provides no real information, Cannondale do not show weights either. If you want to know the weight take a luggage scale with you to the shop and weigh it, or the shop may even have a scale and can weigh it for you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just go to a shop and lift them up :smile:. Evans sometimes have estimates. Weight will generally go down as the price goes up. The Triban 3 is an exception here

+1 to all of the above. To quote Giant.
How much does this bike weigh? It’s a common question, and rightly so. But the truth is, there are no industry standards for claiming bike weights—and this leads to a lot of misinformation. Variances exist based on size, frame material, finish and hardware. And as bikes get lighter, these differences become more critical. At Giant, we believe the only way to truly know the weight of any particular bike is to find out for yourself at your local retailer.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
How much does this bike weigh? It’s a common question, and rightly so. But the truth is, there are no industry standards for claiming bike weights—and this leads to a lot of misinformation. Variances exist based on size, frame material, finish and hardware. And as bikes get lighter, these differences become more critical. At Giant, we believe the only way to truly know the weight of any particular bike is to find out for yourself at your local retailer.
This is a cop out - a giant (^_^) bicycle corporation could easily weigh and publish the figures - for every size, and model spec. If you look at Canyon and Rose bikes online you will see the weights listed, normally of one specified frame size, without pedals. What's so difficult .

Top Bottom