Bike with gears for a 6 year old????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoanneH

Bike with Gears for 6 year

I have an Isla bike a BEINN 20 for sale, which is for a 6 year old.

Its 2 years old, in excellent condition, and comes with mud guards, which are additional and not standard when you buy an Isla bike.

I haven't yet taken any photos, but if you were interested, I can do this.

We are looking for somewhere around £100-£120. They retail new at £200.

Arch

Married to Night Train
summerdays said:
I've heard that you generally do better by selling it yourself.

The lady who sold me the Rothan said that Islabike had advised them to go via EBay, as they'd get a better price - they got about three quarters of the full price back from me...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm still trying to persuade a colleague who I have discovered has bought from Islabikes in the past that her child is growing out of her Beinn 26 bike and that she wants to sell it on to me. Then I would have the next size up too - my middle child could probably ride that for a short while as she is currently out growing her 24" non-Islabike before passing it down to the youngest who is currently very happy with his Beinn 24.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My son aged 10 has an Islabikes Bheinn and it's a fantastic bike. The quality is excellent, I have managed to ride it up the road and it goes and handles like a dream, fast, incredibly stable and smoooth rolling. When eventually he outgrows it I'm sure we will be able to Ebay it for almost the same money as we paid for it.

We actually drove to their shop near Wolverhampton and tried a couple of sizes before getting the Bheinn 26", it was on the large size for him then but is perfect now.

I woudn't dream of subjecting any child to the overweight garbage that's fobbed off on them by many "bike shops".

This is turning into something of an Islabike love-fest, so to add... I rang them to order granddaugher one's bike and asked if they could delay delivery to fit in with a day off. Discussion ensued and they said they'd set it up and send it the same day. At 9.30 the next day, it arrived. Faster than wiggle!

NorfolkNewbie

Hiya

I have a 6 yr old daughter and whereas before it would be just her cycling to the park and back so it didn't matter toooooo much (she just had a beaten up old mountain bike we brought from someone for £15) I have now taken up cycling myself and the weight of the bike has really come into play when she's cycling with me... So I want to get her something lighter and with good brakes.. I think I am fancying buying her an Islabike now. Shame they are pricy tho.. I am going to have to keep an eye out second hand!

Linky

Hi, I am very interested in your BEINN 20, is it still for sale? (I would be happy to pay £100). Quick question: Is it the small or the larger one? Also, what colour is it (it's for my daughter) and where do you live (for collection)?

Many Thanks

Top Bottom