BikeBiddy mk2 - how does it work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

loz

Veteran
http://www.bikebuddy.co.uk/

Ok, so am interested in getting a bikebuddy for my fuel bottle. I see on the website that the mk3 is quick release, does anyone know how the bottle detaches for the mk2? Pressumably it's "slow release", but how slow? Allen key slow?

cheers
loz

OP
OP
loz

loz

Veteran
that should read bikebUddy!

Perhaps a bikebiddy could answer my question though? :smile:

OP
OP
loz

loz

Veteran
cheers willem, for the mk3 is it possible to set the bottle down on its end? It looks like the clamp it attached at the base meaning you can't stand the bottle up

willem

Über Member
It depends on the surface. Easily in the grass, not so easily on a flat table top. I think the mk 3 is a great system to fit a fuel bottle (1 litre max because the weight is hanging) securely under the down tube (traditional cages are mostly not very secure hanging underneath the tube), or to fit a thermos or large water bottle (2 litres max) on the seat tube. I have both, plus a traditional cage and traditional bottle for drinking on the go. The system fits very securely: mine have never fallen off, even on long off road rides. What I also like is that when not in use, there are only the two pegs on the frame, and nothing else, making for a clean look. So basically you keep the clamps on the bottle, and take off bottle and clamp in one action. This also means that it is not easy to mix two different bottles (unless you buy a spare set of clamps or a spare Bikebuddy). You would need to remove the clamp plus rail each time, and as I said, that is a bit of a pain. So I think it is brilliant for what it is.
Willem

willem

Über Member
Enjoy. As I said, they are brilliant for what they are. And the service is excellent. I did not mention it, but I recently ordered another one, plus more spare pegs, just in case I will want them on a future bike.
Willem

Top Bottom