Bikepacking with the Marmots in the Swiss Alps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
chriswoody

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Would you call it a "safe" passage on two wheels? Just unnerving due to the exposure? [It's certainly not somewhere I'd trifle with in bad weather!] It's clearly a maintained trail.

I think you've hit the nail on the head really, that particular section is not really technical, the scree fairly compact and with the clear sight lines there's no chance of hitting a stray rock or other obstacle, it's more a head game really. Further up though, there is another passage that is "interesting" a narrow path through dense scrub, however, it is several metres above the river and erosion has bought the edge perilously close to the path. Here's a photo looking back towards Val Mora. Whilst a gravel bike wouldn't be my first choice for this section, I wouldn't call it unnecessarily dangerous.

P1010924.JPG

With regards the Torino Nice rally, I came across it on youtube when Simon Willis made a series of videos on it. He started a day earlier than the grand depart and rode it at a more leisurely pace. It certainly looked interesting.

32spokes

Regular
This is a really nice read.

Top Bottom