Bikes you miss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just been going through my photobucket and came across a few pics of my old Sette XC
God I really miss that bike, proper carbon goodness it was.

DSCF9505.jpg

What bikes do you miss the most

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
mine is a John Herne with unknown tubing very nice and light and great to ride

Oh so many. My first 'racer', a Sun 5 speed in the late 70's, followed, (very imaginatively) by a Sun 10 speed, then a Peugeot ? road bike, (all I can remember is it was yellow) circa 1985, then a Muddy Fox Courier circa 1987, like the frame below. I can remember it cost £300 back then. That's when Muddy Fox were big players and well regarded. It even had ovalised chainrings, you know, like a certain Mr Wiggins uses now!
7qFVVl.jpg

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
My first race bike when I was 13, Raleigh record sprint (?) black with gold trimmings. I can't think what happened to it? I didn't give it the love it deserved I know that much.

I might try and buy one on eBay and restore it.

postman

Legendary Member
Drakes cycles of Harehills,sold me a bike in 1987 made for a guy who never turned up,or could not pay the final price.A 25" Raleigh Triathalon 105 with an oval chainring,custard yellow,i had red mudguards put on ,just like Noddy's car.I loved that bike.

Oh so many. My first 'racer', a Sun 5 speed in the late 70's, followed, (very imaginatively) by a Sun 10 speed, then a Peugeot ? road bike, (all I can remember is it was yellow) circa 1985, then a Muddy Fox Courier circa 1987, like the frame below. I can remember it cost £300 back then. That's when Muddy Fox were big players and well regarded. It even had ovalised chainrings, you know, like a certain Mr Wiggins uses now!
7qFVVl.jpg
Was the Sun 5 speed racer white with red mudguards? Cos my older brother had one about the same time then gave it away about 10 years back.

Was the Sun 5 speed racer white with red mudguards? Cos my older brother had one about the same time then gave it away about 10 years back.
No it was a sort of champagne colour IIRC with no mudguards.

Top Bottom