Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
mine is my hand built made to measure arthur caygill tourer :biggrin:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
MadoneRider1991 said:
whats your fav bike :biggrin:

mines the Trek Madone 5.2 Pro (08 paint)

:smile:

They have that exact bike (58cm) in the cycle shop under the bridge between Charing X and Embankment for £1800, was dribbling at it on Tuesday trying to figure out how I could justify seeing as the Allez Elite is only 6 weeks old!

OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
Wigsie said:
They have that exact bike (58cm) in the cycle shop under the bridge between Charing X and Embankment for £1800, was dribbling at it on Tuesday trying to figure out how I could justify seeing as the Allez Elite is only 6 weeks old!

the Madone is a sexy bike lol :becool:

jimboalee

The guy ( name witheld ) at Priory Cycles had ( one of ) Robert Millar's 1984 Peugeot Carbon bikes. Full Campag Record & Mavic sprints and tubs. KoM and highest Brit finish.

He wanted £300 for it, but sold it to someone else before I got back with the loot.

But hey, Millar disapeared and rumour has it he is Miss Someone ???

jimboalee

Another piece of history that slipped my fingers was a 1937 Claude Butler Tour de Englettere. First production year of 531. 23lb all up.

It was my Uncle's bike who rode for the RAF. He once rode against Charlie Holland.

The bike's owner was shot down in 1942. His next younger brother ( not my dad ) kept the bike until he retired from his Motorcar repair business, and THREW the bike away :girl:

Top Bottom