BioLite CampStove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
No I haven't but like the sound of it, Wish I'd seen this before, I've just gone and bought myself a new Trangia stove

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Think I'll stick with not burning twigs and wood. I'm still on the Penny stove, and like it just fine, for the following reasons-
1- If it breaks, I can just make a new one. I'm the manufacturer. No difficult to make or find parts.
2-Runs on Denatured Alcohol (Meths) Easier to find, carry, and use than twigs. A little goes a long way.
3- Complaints or problems, I return it to the manufacturer. Get some new pop cans, make stove anew.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
No I haven't but like the sound of it, Wish I'd seen this before, I've just gone and bought myself a new Trangia stove

Don't lose sleep over the missed opportunity. I think that the claimed performance is a tad optimistic. The stove would have been useless on my current tour unless I carried my own supply of dry wood, there's been some amazing thunderstorms in the past week. The driest thing around are the contents of my Carradice panniers. Meths is a lot more compact to carry and a lot less faff. As for charging a phone be prepared to burn a lot of wood to put some worthwhile charge on your battery. I'd rather be charging my phone in a friendly bar than being tied to feeding a stove no matter how eco it claims to be. :tongue:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Don't lose sleep over the missed opportunity. I think that the claimed performance is a tad optimistic. The stove would have been useless on my current tour unless I carried my own supply of dry wood, there's been some amazing thunderstorms in the past week. The driest thing around are the contents of my Carradice panniers. Meths is a lot more compact to carry and a lot less faff. As for charging a phone be prepared to burn a lot of wood to put some worthwhile charge on your battery. I'd rather be charging my phone in a friendly bar than being tied to feeding a stove no matter how eco it claims to be. :tongue:

Good point about the dry wood...

Top Bottom