Bkool calibration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kevweb69

Hi, I recently purchased a Bkool Classic2 (connect/sport) trainer. Its set up and paired with software but I'm getting really odd (low) speed readings relative to power/cadence. The cadence seems accurate with and without a separate sensor (I've tried it both ways) but the speed only shoots up when there is a descent and is not really relative to pedalling effort? No update was offered for trainer when I set it up. Have tried changing my profile weight etc but nothing seems to work. Any ideas please? Thanks

Brusgaard

Über Guru
1) You CANNOT calibrate a Bkool. Bkool themselves can calibrate it from Spain using TeamViewer.

2) Which software are you using? If Bkool Simulator, then version 5.01 (the latest official) has numerous problems with various Bkool trainers.

3) With Bkool Simulator you can check current firmware version, which should be 2.04 for the Classics (the white ones)

berty bassett

Legendary Member
what was you using it on ? bkool , zwift brvr, rgt etc
may be worth trying a free trial of something else to see if it was just the programme playing up
i havent used bkool for a long time , it used to punish lightweight riders on the downhills and the same for the heavier rider up hill but i am sure Brusgaard will put you right
zwift was playing up a bit after an update tuesday

Honzac

Hi there,
I have Bkool Pro (black) for about 2 years. Worked fine. I did not experience overpower issues as many quote. Worth to mention I did not run any legitimate tests (:rolleyes:). However since last update of software (don't know the version number) but its the redesigned new simulator, I'm getting very annoyed with Bkool.
1. Pairing issues in daily basis. Units that I've paired in previous session won't work. Bkool will throw message at me that unit is not paired. Pairing it again is nightmare. It happens every time i start Bkool.
2. Under power. Similar/same as kevweb69 in original post, I'm getting very low numbers. E.g. would ride in velodrome mode on big chain ring and mid to low (19) sprocket at 90+rpm. This would normally produce speed between 35-40km/h (or somewhat similar in sim previous version). Now I'm getting speed 10-12km/h @ 75 watts. Very frustrating to train with this. At this stage Bkool become to me non-smart (dumb) trainer as I cant use any numbers that it produces (appart of Garmin connected devices - HRM, Cadence).

Conclusion to me (hope not) that either before Bkool was massively in overpower mode and I'm embarrassingly slow rider, or something is not right.

I have not tried to reinstall program (which I will try) but seems that latest version of software made it all go bananas.. Not happy about this but I can see there is a lot of people having issues with Bkool.

I did try to contact Bkool support but I doubt I'll get any answers there.

If anyone has any suggestion I'll very very grateful.
Cheers, Honz (ride safe)

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Hi there,
I have Bkool Pro (black) for about 2 years. Worked fine. I did not experience overpower issues as many quote. Worth to mention I did not run any legitimate tests (:rolleyes:). However since last update of software (don't know the version number) but its the redesigned new simulator, I'm getting very annoyed with Bkool.
1. Pairing issues in daily basis. Units that I've paired in previous session won't work. Bkool will throw message at me that unit is not paired. Pairing it again is nightmare. It happens every time i start Bkool.
2. Under power. Similar/same as kevweb69 in original post, I'm getting very low numbers. E.g. would ride in velodrome mode on big chain ring and mid to low (19) sprocket at 90+rpm. This would normally produce speed between 35-40km/h (or somewhat similar in sim previous version). Now I'm getting speed 10-12km/h @ 75 watts. Very frustrating to train with this. At this stage Bkool become to me non-smart (dumb) trainer as I cant use any numbers that it produces (appart of Garmin connected devices - HRM, Cadence).

Conclusion to me (hope not) that either before Bkool was massively in overpower mode and I'm embarrassingly slow rider, or something is not right.

I have not tried to reinstall program (which I will try) but seems that latest version of software made it all go bananas.. Not happy about this but I can see there is a lot of people having issues with Bkool.

I did try to contact Bkool support but I doubt I'll get any answers there.

If anyone has any suggestion I'll very very grateful.
Cheers, Honz (ride safe)

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/team-bkool-cyclechat.144689/

Update due soon (tomorrow?).

Goldwolfie

Veteran
Like Kev I have one of the later Classic 2 trainers and am experiencing the same issues - cadence of 100 rpm produces a speed of 4 mph at about 45 watts. I have never been quick, but I walk the dog at a faster pace than that. Have logged a fault request with Bkool support, but no response as yet - have just followed up and will come back with any response I get. I think it is the trainer firmware as the trainer behaves the same on Bigringvr.
Would be good to be able to revert back to a previous f/w version, and I have asked Bkool support if that is possible.
BTW @ brusgaard - I can't see the current f/w version under the simulator software v5.01 - it lists the trainer in the About app section but there is no f/w shown.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
BTW @ brusgaard - I can't see the current f/w version under the simulator software v5.01 - it lists the trainer in the About app section but there is no f/w shown.
Yes, I think you have to use BKOOL Toolkits app to both check and update. :sad: Hopefully, the info make it back in the simulator again. 🤞

Goldwolfie

Veteran
@kevweb69 and @Honzac - not sure whether you have sorted your problems out yet, but thankfully my Classic 2 is now working normally. I logged a support request with Bkool support, and they arranged to call me and look into the issue by logging remotely into my laptop.

Basically they had to load a previous version of the turbo firmware onto my Classic 2, and that sorted the problem. They also told me to ignore any future firmware upgrade requests, and leave the turbo firmware on it's current version. I am ok to upgrade the Simulator software when new versions come out.

So if you haven't already done so it would be worth while logging your issues with Bkool. They took about 3 days to reply to my initial support request and a further week before they could offer a dial in appointment. When I asked they did admit that they had had similar issues with older turbos.

Top Bottom