Bkool Indoor: iOS Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RJKflyer

Regular
(Mods - if I have missed where another thread is, sorry, please concatenate)

Worth capturing issues/feedback for Bkool Indoor iOS?

Let me start:

I used various previous versions and they occasionally did work satisfactorily. However, version 2.541 no longer works with the KICKR. It fails to identify the KICKR's as an ANT+ 'trainer' , although frustratingly can see it as an ANT+ power meter and Speed sensor.

So, it now indicates 'No trainer selected'.

OP
OP
RJKflyer

RJKflyer

Regular
Would be good if Bkool Indoor iOS could communicate exclusively via BTLE with e.g. KICKR. TrainerRoad does this and appears completely reliable versus ANT+ dongle comms.

SonicRob

i have a mac and had issues with be kool , sometimes it worked sometimes it did not , seem to come down to having garmin connect on seem to affect it , or something like that , make sure your bin is empty

OP
OP
RJKflyer

RJKflyer

Regular
Tried the new iOS version.

Major issue - when event starts (i.e. countdown gets to 00:00), all the competitors shoot off into the distance and I'm left pedalling like fury but creeping away very slowly with some ludicrous virtual speed lag...!

Neilsmith

Recently tried the Bkool iOS app again after giving up last December because of continuous crashes, Bkool kindly gave me a free month to test it. It crashed the first 2 attempts after 25 km as ai crossed the finish line and at 11 km 2nd attempt. After consulting Bkool tried again with all apps other than Bkool shut down and I managed to finish.
But sadly short lived it crashed just over 20km into a 39km ride.

It seems the iOS app is still unstable. I can use Virtual Training app with only very occasional minor issues and never lose a ride even if video freezes. Bkool just crashes and your booted out to start again with all data lost. Such a shame as it's got great potential.

Neil

Top Bottom