Bkool pro - wrong cadence figures?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BuffaloYann

Hi, I'm a new Belgian BKool user and have been trying out my Bkool Pro Trainer and the Bkool simulator software for 2 weeks now. I have noticed that, most of the time, the indicated cadence is exactly half of the real cadence, for example 34 instead of 68 (I have simply counted the cadence during 30 seconds). On the other hand, when I produce a higher cadence (say 80), the readings seems to be accurate. What is going wrong? Any solutions?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Sorry I can't be of much help to you in fixing this other than to say it's not just you! I now have a cadence sensor on my bike because I found Bkool's own cadence reading was usually way out. I've always wondered how the Bkool is meant to read cadence considering it doesn't know what gear you're in?

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will come along to give you some more useful advice!

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Hi, I'm a new Belgian BKool user and have been trying out my Bkool Pro Trainer and the Bkool simulator software for 2 weeks now. I have noticed that, most of the time, the indicated cadence is exactly half of the real cadence, for example 34 instead of 68 (I have simply counted the cadence during 30 seconds). On the other hand, when I produce a higher cadence (say 80), the readings seems to be accurate. What is going wrong? Any solutions?

From Bkool FAQ

6) If you would like an accurate measure of your cadence get an ANT+ cadence sensor, as the built-in cadence of the bkool pro is only an estimate (and is often half what it should be).
Note: Do not use a speed sensor, as the bkool (and other) trainers measure the speed from the roller.​

The reason it is often exactly half is that it estimates cadence from the torque profile and at lower speeds it seems to only pick up the spike in torque from one foot, not from both.

Geoff

Top Bottom